What Makes E-commerce Web Development Different?
When it comes to developing or redesigning an ecommerce site, one must focus on the customer’s journey. Our e-commerce web developers constantly ask themselves whether the website is clear and easy to navigate. The goal of any e-commerce site should be to make it as easy as possible to make a purchase. Being a customer should not be difficult.
This means ecommerce web development revolves around usability, speed, and strong calls to action.
Key Things to Know
- We design e-commerce sites which are tailored to increase leads, yield higher conversion rates, and drive more traffic.
- As your business grows and changes over time, we can help you keep your e-commerce site relevant and up to date.
- The most important things to keep in mind when designing an e-commerce website are clear messaging, strong calls to action, and a quick and easy checkout process.
Most Important Features
Regardless of the business or the industry, every good e-commerce website should have several essential features:
- Related Products/Services – Up-sells and cross-sells are one of the best ways to increase your bottom line. They also help customers find the things they are looking for more quickly.
- Social Media Share Buttons – Having social sharing buttons on your products/service pages, makes it easier for customers who like a product to share it with their friends.
- Simple Checkout Process – The checkout process should be quick and easy. Every e-commerce site should have a dynamic shopping cart, cart page, and checkout page.
- Product Filters – Filters make it easy for customers to drill down and find what they are looking for. Some common filters include price filters, categories, popularity, rating, and a variety of sorting options.
Benefits of Good E-commerce Web Design
Better Customer Experience
Useful features like product sorting and an easy checkout process make it as easy for website visitors to be customers as possible and make the user experience better.
Higher Conversion Rates
An easy to navigate e-commerce site with a simple checkout process and strong call to actions can lead to drastic improvements to your conversion rate.
Good e-commerce web design makes website visitors feel like they are buying from a trustworthy source and certain features like social sharing of products can drive sales.