It seems like no matter how great of a service or product you provide, getting reviews from satisfied clients becomes an intentional process. Our legal clients possibly face the biggest challenges; particularly those who handle criminal and family law (I want this to be over and forget about this part of my life), and personal injury law matters (Are we done here? Great! Time to move on with my life). Even businesses in the service industry that typically have an easier time receiving reviews, (restaurants, hairdressers, handymen, etc.) could use a boost. After all, Google, Yelp, and industry-specific review sites (like FindLaw.com), are quite accessible and heavily relied upon by millions of users.
So, do you personally chase reviews, or do you seek out a third-party tool to support the effort? At Market My Market, we have dedicated plenty of time to concocting personable, effective email templates for current and former clients with easy-to-use links for their clients to write reviews. These attempts weren’t enough to see a spike in reviews, but why? Here are a few questions to ask yourself if you have tried this method:
- Do you have the time and energy to continuously follow up with clients who may never even read the one email you sent?
- Do you know how to set up SMS to reach clients on their cell phones?
- Do you realistically have the time to sort through clients who might give you a good review and those who might not?
- Do your templates look as appealing as they should?
- Does your email get flagged as spam from sending it from a personal or work email, or both?
These are all legitimate concerns that can keep people from taking on a worthy mission of obtaining fantastic reviews; yet, obtaining good reviews is a primary consideration for local business owners. How can we fix this? After nearly 18 months of searching along with trial and error, we’ve partnered with GatherUp to provide a comprehensive solution. The results have exceeded expectations for our clients, and even our own expectations for Market My Market. We’re excited to share the capabilities with you. What does GatherUp do and why do we like it so much?
You can think of GatherUp as an all-around “Online Reputation Tool.” In addition to helping you gain reviews, GatherUp can respond to all social media and review posts directly from the platforms they are on, and can send you notifications each time you get a new review. Our most important concern, however, is getting those precious leads. To help you accomplish this, GatherUp will:
- Take in your customer database via manual entry or excel.
- Send out review requests via email and/or texts using a template.
- Filter out potentially negative reviews by inquiring about the experience, either by asking for a star rating or on a 1-10 scale. A threshold will deter the client from proceeding with a negative review. For example, if a client responds to “How Was Your Experience” with a 6 out of 10 or lower, he will go to a feedback page and the feedback won’t end up online. A rating of 8+ out of 10 will guide the client to leave a review on Google, Facebook, or other platform.
- Customize all the platforms on which you’d like your reviews to appear.
- Reach out to clients who do not check their emails and/or texts.
- Give you a platform on GatherUp to collectively view all your reviews across all channels.
Sounds good. I want to give it a shot, but do I have to commit?
Going directly with GatherUp is a great experience – they have some of the friendliest and most knowledgeable customer service representatives of any online marketing tool we’ve used. Through our partnership, we can provide GatherUp without a contract and at a discounted rate. Not bad if you’re on the fence about using it, which we can’t imagine you would be after learning how useful it is! So why not give it a shot? Reach out to us today about how we can get this program set up for you and take your online reputation to the next level.