Legal Mastermind Podcast’s 2022 End of Year Recap features Chuki Obiyo, Roy Sexton, Brenda Pontiff, Frans Johansson, Juyoun Han, Steve Fretzin, Gregory Salmon, Suzi Hixon, Robert Ingalls, Marisa Simmons, and Michael Chastaine.
More About Our Guests:
Chuki Obiyo is a Senior Business Development Manager at Vedder Price. Obiyo serves the firm’s rainmakers and aspiring rainmakers in Chicago, Dallas, London, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, and Washington DC with exclusive business development insights and coaching. Vedder Price is a business-focused law firm with a global reach and a proud tradition of maintaining long-term client relationships.
Featured Episode: 142
- Finding the Right Mentee for You
- Sustainable Business Development vs. Traditional Business Development
Roy Sexton is the Marketing Director at Clark Hill and the President-Elect of the Legal Marketing Association. Roy has held the Marketing Director position since 2019 at Clark Hill and has begun his journey on LMA’s board as Treasurer before being chosen as the 2022 President-Elect. Clark Hill is an international team of legal advisors focused on delivering exceptional growth for your business. LMA supports the legal marketing community through thought leadership, professional advocacy and personal enrichment.
Featured Episode: 143
- What is the Legal Marketing Association?
- Benefits of Joining an Association
Brenda Pontiff is the Managing Principal at Partner Track Academy. Brenda stays busy helping firms find or retain clients along with coaching young associates to senior partners. Partner Track Academy helps law firms figure out new innovative ways to go to market and service clients.
Featured Episode: 144
- Hiring A Chief Marketing Officer for Your Law Firm
- A New-Hire CMO’s Timeline & Responsibilities
Frans Johansson is the CEO of The Medici Group, Public Speaker, and Author of the Medici Effect and The Click Moment. Johansson has had a lasting impact on industries, leaders, and many more.
Featured Episode: 150
- How Innovation is Interpreted by the Medici Effect
- Artificial Intelligence’s Impact on the Legal System
Juyoun Han is a Partner at Eisenberg & Baum, LLP, a private boutique law firm based in New York City. Han is also a fellow at NYU Law Engleberg Center. She has built a practice on civil rights litigation that focuses on technology that broadly encompasses algorithmic bias and discrimination, data privacy, and NFT intellectual property issues.
Featured Episode: 154
- How Young Attorneys Can Establish Themselves Early on in Their Career
- Insights in the Technology Field
Steve Fretzin is a four-time author, host of BE THAT LAWYER Podcast, and top business development coach and trainer for ambitious attorneys. For 20-plus years, Steve has helped hundreds of attorneys through highly-engaging programs with an emphasis on business development for attorneys.
Featured Episode: 168
- Achieving Success in Your Career
- The Journey to Becoming a Business Development Coach
Gregory Salmon is the Owner and Founder of the Law Offices of Gregory Paul Salmon. Salmon’s firm focuses on discovering, creating, and assisting entrepreneurs across the globe.
Featured Episode: 170
- How to be a Successful Entrepreneur
- Defining the Idea of Success
Suzi Hixon is the Founder and CEO of Legally Blissed. Hixon is a Trademark Attorney by day and a Community Builder by night for entrepreneurial female attorneys. Legally Blissed is a mentor-led community for female lawyers and will officially be launching in October 2022.
Featured Episode: 172
- Creating Boundaries in Your Workspace & in Client Relationships
- Managing Your Mental Health
Robert Ingalls is the Founder of Lawpods, a podcast production company for professional attorneys offering a plan for lawyers to build relationships, generate revenue, and put them in front of new clients. Lawpods consists of experienced producers, editors, and sound engineers that will create a podcast that is professional, polished, and on-brand for attorneys.
Featured Episode: 179
- How to Dedicate Time to Create a Podcast
- Lawpods’ SEO Approach to Producing & Promoting a Podcast
Marisa Simmons is an Attorney Recruiter at Beacon Hill. Simmons manages a group of direct-hire attorney recruiters. Her group focuses on recruiting and placing attorneys in not only law firms large and small, but also with in-house legal groups throughout the region.
Featured Episode: 187
- How to Expand Your Network as a Young Attorney
- Ways that Firms can Compete to Attract Great Talent
Michael Chastaine is an award-winning attorney, speaker, and author. His career spans many decades and covers a wide range of experiences, both in and out of the courtroom. As a successful entrepreneur, nationally recognized trial lawyer, and endurance athlete, he has a unique perspective for success that puts him in a unique position to help others.
Featured Episode: 191
- The Importance of Investing in Yourself
- Escaping the Business Pain Cave