Written by Market My Market’s content team, with contributions from Kenzie Fox, Kelly Quintana, Jordan Kimmel, Eric Bersano, and Tanner Mowery
In the last decade, video marketing has been a tool at the forefront of generating consumer engagement and traffic. Marketers across industries have started implementing video marketing strategies in pursuit of company growth and brand visibility. Video content creatively and cost-effectively helps inform potential clients and buyers about your products and services.
Videography in your marketing strategy provides many valuable benefits, including excellent SEO traction and campaign flexibility. However, many companies make the mistake of not creating a plan for their video content. Without a thorough and well-developed video marketing strategy, you may miss your target audience and lose significant profit. Continue reading our guide on the intricacies of video marketing and how to build a solid video marketing strategy.
Contributed by Kenzie Fox, Content Specialist
6 Steps for Creating an Effective Video Marketing Strategy
Like any form of marketing, video marketing needs to be approached with a clear and comprehensive strategy. Creating a plan requires researching the type of videos dominating your industry. Understanding why these videos are trending can go a long way in helping you develop your own plan. Your video marketing strategy will ultimately determine your budget, timelines, production process, and conversion metrics.
If you’re just starting out, it can be challenging to know where to start, so here are six helpful steps that can help you outline and create your own video marketing strategy plan.
- Start with a goal for your videos: Ideally, a video marketing strategy should include content that addresses every stage of the marketing funnel. However, at first, it’s better to decide what stage of the funnel is most important to target.
- Figure out your target audience: Understanding your audience is key to developing your buyer personas, which help you understand who is looking for your services or products.
- Figure out what story you want to tell: Like with a film, your marketing video should tell a story that intrigues your audience and gets them interested in your product or service.
- Keep creative requirements in mind: Throughout the crafting process, various people will need to approve the strategy and provide feedback, so it’s important to be open to the ever-changing process of creativity.
- Stick to your timeline: A timeline serves as a guide to keep everyone aware of what’s going on. Timelines are crucial to help keep everything on track.
- Maintain a realistic budget: Your plan should always include a clear and concise budget. If your strategy doesn’t keep budget in mind, it can cause a lot of tension and make the project difficult and strenuous before it even begins.
Video marketing has the potential to reach a large audience. However, without a comprehensive video strategy, your videos may not reach the audience you need. Therefore, it’s essential to have a clear understanding of the purpose and audience of your videos so they reach the people in need of your product or services.
Contributed by Kelly Quintana, Content Writer
Types of Videos to Include in Your Marketing Mix
Video marketing is an umbrella term that can encompass a wide range of elements, from live streaming to interactive 360 videos to augmented reality and more. If you decide video marketing is right for you, you may be overwhelmed and unsure where to begin. After putting together an effective strategy, it’s time to get down to brass tax: what’s the type and style of your video? While there’s no set-in-stone blueprint for success, there are tried and true methods that have been effective for law firms in the past. Here are a few to consider:
- Commercials: Law firm video ads tend to be associated with a negative connotation, but these ads don’t need to feel cheap or sleazy, and they don’t need to cost a fortune. Commercials provide an opportunity to show off your brand in a way that sticks with the viewer. They can be placed on your website or homepage.
- Social content videos: Social media videos are an outstanding way to market your firm. Social platforms tend to reward video content in their algorithm by augmenting engagement and visibility. When creating video content for platforms like Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook, ensure the content is entertaining, playful, interesting, and designed to be shared.
- Explainer videos: Explainer videos instruct your audience more about your company, brand, product, or service. The goal of these videos is to briefly and competently define what your company does and why it matters.
- Testimonials: Testimonials are a type of video that focuses on a customer’s success story and endorsement of a product or service. The key is to ensure they’re authentic. A forced testimonial can be damaging to your brand.
In addition to the types of videos you choose to create, there are certain style choices that may suit your brand better than others. For example, you may opt for a lifestyle video, mini-doc, narrative, or animation. No matter your choice, creating a flourishing marketing strategy for your law firm doesn’t need to be hard or expensive. With the help of a best-in-class marketing firm and some creativity and planning, you can construct thoughtful, compelling, and informative marketing videos that convert potential customers.
Contributed by Jordan Kimmel, Content Lead
Major Considerations When Creating a Marketing Video
When video is done well, it can be an amazing conversion tool, and it can be shared by the public to give you a branding effect. If a video is done poorly, however, it will not get your message across and be a waste of your time. There are three major considerations when putting together a video for your firm:
- Good lighting
- Good audio
- Good content
When the lighting and audio are executed incorrectly, it may distract from your message. Lighting is pretty easy. Just make sure the subject looks good on camera, and you’re done! Audio can be more tricky. If you’re using the camera on your phone, you need to be within a couple of feet to get good audio. It’s worth the investment to get a Lavalier Mic if you plan to create several videos. This gives you more mobility when shooting.
The content you produce depends on where the video is going to go. Firm overviews and attorney profile videos should be as professional as possible. These will go on your website and could be a big factor in a potential client calling you. If the videos are going on social media, the quality doesn’t necessarily need to be as high, but the messaging needs to be much better. No one is going to Instagram to follow their favorite personal injury lawyers. You need to entertain or educate them.
If you are a personal injury lawyer, you need to decide how you want to be perceived online. If you focus on severe injuries, you may not want to post yourself doing the latest TikTok dances. Try and come up with answers to the most common questions you get. When you educate someone about the process, you’ll earn their trust. You can also give your perspective on current events as they relate to your practice area. For example, during the Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial, you saw lawyers giving their legal take on how that case was going. Or, if there is an explosion at a local refinery, you can inform the public about their rights. Try to avoid the urge to say, “If you’ve been injured, call me.” That is implied in the video. The more you give for free, the more you’ll get back in the future.
Contributed by Eric Bersano, Vice President of Business Development
Contact Market My Market for Best-In-Class Video Marketing
Expanding your horizons and dipping your toes into the world of video marketing can be an exciting way for your firm to reach new potential clients. Videos are a wonderful way to make a deep impact and impression and to do so quickly. With the right team of video professionals on your side, the entire way you market your firm can pivot in an exciting way.
Market My Market is proud to offer top-notch video marketing services in addition to our regular scope of written content creation and social media curation. We will work together with your firm to reach your goals and maximize your reach with groundbreaking audio-visual content. To get started today and see how we can help, fill out our contact form here.
Contributed by Tanner Mowery, Content Writer